It’s the summer of December 2017. Eleven months of the year are done and perhaps not quite dusted yet as we tie up loose ends to set us free for the holidays.
Do you take stock of the year in your business of life? Do you tick off all that you have achieved and create another list of goals yet to be achieved?
The final month of a year is time to step back, think over and set the bar further for a host of things that will drive your passion into the next year.
Here are some suggestions to consider although your life plans may differ:
- Mark ‘you’ time in your calendar for a balanced life
- Make time for those important people in your life
- Toss toxic relationships
- Avoid pulling down others – ‘live and let live’
- Set goals desired for 2018
- Address that which was not achieved in 2017
- Search for and befriend influencers in your line of work/life experience
- Lend a helping hand to those less fortunate – every little bit counts
- Clear out the clutter that has not delivered as expected in 2017
- Surround yourself with positive energy
- Take a holiday once a year, go someplace you’ve never been to before.
- Nurture your spirit
- Look at yourself in the mirror- what ‘face’ are you presenting to the world? – SMILE!
- Keep a gratitude journal, write one affirmation each day no matter how small it may seem to you
- Ask yourself, ‘what would I like to change about myself for 2018?’ – again this could be a minor change
- Remain authentic and steadfast to your life goals
It may seem like a long list, but all areas are within our grasp. Let’s take stock of what matters to us the most.
My stocktake revealed:
- A reconsideration of balance
- Time management considerations: to fulfill and extend my writing and reading aims
- Making time for relationships that matter
- Saying ‘no’ to some demands
- To make a difference in what I do and how I do it
- To get in more hours of sleep for a healthier me
- And then some…always a WIP!
List your dreams for 2018, pin them up on your fridge, above your desk, on the dashboard of your car, your wallpaper on your phone, slip a page with your goals/dreams inside your favourite book. Create a five-year time capsule, bury it in the garden or a pot plant. (This was done in collaboration with a friend and looking back it’s amazing how most of the goals have been realised or are in the process of being realised.
Inking rather than just thinking the dream is closer to claiming it!
Dig up the buried time capsule when the time is right, and you’ll be surprised!
Wishing you an insightful stocktake of the self in this final month of 2017.
Add your tips on how to clear the decks for the New Year with an action plan for an enhanced life in the message box below.